The Help Page
Are you looking through the records of a deceased friend or relative for their life insurance policy? Are you sure there was a policy, or not sure you have ALL the policies?
I'm sorry to say about the only way of finding out is to keep working on the papers left behind. Also, keep a sharp eye out for NEW letters from insurance companies, especially any bills. Contact close relatives and ask if your parents ever made any references to insurance.
Next, try to discover WHERE your parents were finding these insurance companies, for example, mail order solicitations, magazines, fraternal organizations, television ads, phone solicitations, then write or call companies doing similar solicitations.
Please note: The best advice I can give for finding an OLD insurance company or old policy is still to contact the state insurance commissioner of origin... on my Resources page. Why? because after (from two to seven) years the insurance company will turn over any monies due to the heirs to the state that person lived in, and you CAN STILL CLAIM THE MONEY -- if you can prove you are an heir!
What happens to life insurance benefits that go unclaimed? Life Insurance companies will not pay benefits until they are notified of the death and a claim is made. It is estimated that more than 25% of all policy benefits go unpaid upon the death of the insured.
Worse, if those premiums stop, heirs may well lose all rights to a settlement. Now, the good news is that most companies will write to find out WHY the premiums are no longer being paid. Go through those bills.
One widow didn't even realize she had anything coming until she wrote to the insurance company to ask if she could quit paying the premiums now, since her husband had died there was no need for further coverage.
Check with the deceased's banker, or the home insurer,
to see if a life policy was mentioned to them, or better yet,
listed as an asset.
Check with the former employer to see if perhaps there was
group life insurance benefits to be collected.
If every tip I've given you fails, you may well need the help
of a professional. Click HERE to visit the only one I know.
Save BIG Money
On ALL Your Medical Needs
What do you say to a company
(after you find it)
that may owe you money?
Dear (Insurance Company) My name is Barbara D and my email address is Gabbiebucks@aol.com My parents gave me an "Infantile Twenty-year Endowment policy" they have had for me since 1958. Could you could put me in touch with the department I should begin talking to, or even give me a web site to start off looking in?
I sure would be ever so very grateful.
Don't suffer in silence
Don't buy insurance uninformed.
Contact me at any time if you have any questions about the content on this page, or this web site.
|"I need advice on dealing with an insurance company that is not representing me as the contract stipulates," has been a request thrown at me fairly often.
Patient Advocate Foundation is a national non-profit organization that serves as an active liaison between the patient and their insurer, employer and/or creditors to resolve insurance, job discrimination and/or debt crisis matters relative to their diagnosis through case managers, doctors and attorneys.
I am not a lawyer; my advice doesn't cost 2¢ and is worth almost as much. All my own suggestions below are predicated on an assumption that you are one of the good guys in a white cap, not one of those still in a white strait jacket.
First, file an official complaint with your state insurance commissioner. The address and phone number is found on http://www.talewins.com/Life/res.htm
Second: Write some good op-ed articles on the subject for publication on your statewide papers.
Third, get your state district attorney involved, complaining about the treatment given to you, and (if necessary) about the lack of action on the part of the state insurance commissioner. That last effort works best if they are of different political persuasions.
Fourth, invite all of your friends to write the company with one of two objectives: a) "I'm canceling my policy because of the way you have treated Joy in this situation."
or, b) "I'm sure glad I didn't listen to Joy when s/he suggested that I sign up for protection with your company."
Either way, add that the (writer of the letter) fully intends to make all acquaintances well aware of the conduct of said company.
Fifth, go to the FREE ADVERTISING opportunities. Use them to post ads all over the web and tell your side of the affair.
Sixth, get on the newsgroups and use your signature file to assure the whole wide world that you are willing to give your testimony to anyone else needing to address bad treatment from said company.
Seventh, ASK everyone you talk to how you can persecute this company or embarrass them any further.
- Insurance News Network - Insurance News and information oriented for the consumer.
- Mr. Long-Term Care - Provides long term care news and information. Includes resources for Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, heart disease, and other long term illnesses.
- Axco Insurance Information Services - Global insurance market information regarding international insurance and reinsurance.
- Broker News - Online - News for the Life and Health Insurance Industry.
- Business Insurance Oracle - Checklists: how to select an agent, spotting troubled insurance companies, understanding the fine print.
- Checkup on Health Insurance Choices - Articles with titles like: Why You Need Health Insurance & Where People Get Health Insurance Coverage
- Current Insurance News - Insurance newsfeeds webmasters can use on their site for free.
- Cyber Vigilante - News and warnings on insurance company wrongdoing, offers newsletter and consumer networking. Featured in Forbes, WSJ, Bests, and national newspapers..
- dotRisk Limited - Business-to-business global e-market for the commercial insurance/claims industries.
- Errold F. Moody, Jr. - Financial planning articles and links about insurance.
- Flood Insurance Information - Brief overview of flood insurance.
- French Federation of Insurance Companies - English site of French insurance industry with members' list and international subscribers'directories, useful addresses.
- Glossary of terms in Managed Health Care - Each entry is listed with definitions and helpful information.
- Guarding Your Gold - A spotlight on long term care insurance, medicare, medicaid, senior abuse, senior fraud.
- How Clueless are you? - Learn how to make your insurance benefits work for you.
- ILS Learning Corporation - Interactive education programs for Canadian Insurance brokers and other professionals. Courses qualify for continuing education credit hours.
- i|money - Canadian information, tools, and product centre -- plan, monitor and review Canadian home, life, and car insurance needs.
- India Infoline - Global insurance research and analysis from India.
- India 's Premium General Insurance Site - Information and resources for Agents, Brokers, Insurers, Surveyors, Corporate users etc.
- Insurance and Planning Resource Center - Business and personal insurance coverage glossary and resource. Interactive forms library and agents assistant.
- Insurance Industry from Miningco.com - Website for insurance industry professionals and consumers. Articles, links, boards, chat and more.
- Insurance Insider - How to Save Money on Auto Insurance - Organized Tips
- Insurance Medical Examination: tips - Tips to help make an insurance medical examination easier and less stressful for life insurance applicants.
- Insurance Networking - strategies and solutions for insurance electronic commerce with articles and news hubs.
- Insurance News - news for agents and agencies with product introductions, discussion groups, free classifieds, and sales.
- Insurance Overview - Learn why insurance companies deserve bad name.
- Insurance Surf - Insurance industry portal featuring calendar of events and industry technology for each state.
- Insurance Tips - Insurance-tips.com
- International Insurance - Economic and Premium Data by Country.
- International Insurance News Headlines - Collection of news headlines related to insurance, sourced from various news sites on the Web internationally. The collection is listed by month, updated daily.
- ISI News Page - has some "unbiased" information of value to persons wanting to manage their own insurance affairs without pressure from agents or companies.
- Long Term Care Insurance Buyer's Advocate - Offers consumer guidelines for the purchase long term care insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance Decision Assistance Center - Long Term Care Insurance buying assistance from The National Advisory Council for Long Term Care Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance Rate Reporter - Presents consumer-oriented background resources and access to independent long term care insurance rate reporters in each state.
- LTC information and quotes - Information on LTC and retirement expectations.
- National Campaign Against Insurance Premium Tax - The NCAIPT is a British non-political organisation, whose aim is to persuade MP's to abolish insurance tax (IPT).
- National Underwriter Company Industry Resource Center - Daily insurance news, industry links, an events calendar, and software resources.
- Post Magazine - UK insurance news online - UK's leading weekly insurance industry magazine.
- Property and Casualty Information - Daily news updates with searchable archives on property and casualty related subjects.
- Regulatory and Resources Depot - Places to Complain, Insurance commissioner contact for all states, plus, agency management resources, and industry publishers.
- Road Map to Lower Auto Insurance - Presents leading factors that influence auto insurance premium.
- Screwed by Insurance - Voice your complaints about the insurance industry here. Read complaints left by others in organized categories.
Click HERE for Direct Access to
the best dental plan companies in the United States.
Back to the front page *
insurance companies * Health
Insurance companies on the web * Learn How to
Lower Your Health Insurance Premiums * Short
Term Coverage * Sixteen
Ways to improve your health * Pregnant,
and NO insurance? * Drug
Stores of the world * auto insurance
* Are older drivers safe?
* home insurance
* travel insurance
* dental insurance
insurance * Make money
* Insurance News
* Health News *
American insurance companies *
medical insurance *
disability insurance *
long term care insurance *
Trends * Help
finding a lost insurance company * pet insurance
Agents * Humorous letters sent to me *
Help for Writers * Travel destinations
and safety tips * Build
your own web site and make money from it. * Be Your Own
Banker * Free Book of Mormon
* Lower your cholesterol * World's
Best Diet Aid * Coping with
Grief * Dealing With Funerals How
To Reassign Life Insurance Benefits * The
Beginning of Insurance *
Web Site Owner, Earl H. Roberts
414 North 8th Street, Noble, OK,